Difference between Flask and Django
In this Blog Post, we studied about “Difference between Flask and Django”.
What is Flask Framework?
Flask is a microframework and it is basically focused on simplicity, minimalism.
It can offer features of a web app.
Flask can offer a lot of extensions like form validation, object-relational mappers, uploading mechanism, and server other tools.
What is Django?
This Framework is free to all and open-source framework and basically used for web development.
It can follow MTV pattern that is Model-Template-View.
Django can provide a lot of standard methods.
So, it is very fast for developing an effective website.
This web framework can help us with a smooth process and time-saving.
Features of flask:
- It is very easy to use and extend.
- Integrated support for unit testing.
- Unicode based.
- WSGI 1.0 compliant.
- Support for secure cookies.
- Based on the Werkzeug toolkit.
- It has extensive documentation.
- Its API is nicely coherent and shaped.
- RESTful request dispatching.
- Fast debugging.
Features of Django:
- It will offer MTV Architecture.
- Excellent Documentation.
- SEO Optimised.
- It has a rapid development.
- It can support front end tools.
- Django can support multi-language and multi-characters.
- It has a cross-platform operating system.
- It has predefined libraries for imaging, graphics, scientific calculations, etc.
- High scalability.
- High security.
- Thoroughly Tested.
Difference between Django and flask:
|Flask created in 2010||Django created in 2005|
|Built for rapid development||Built for an easy and simple project|
|WSGI framework||Full Stack Web framework|
|It will provide support for API||It does not have the support of any API|
|Flask support visual debug||Django not support|
|It will offer to use multiple types of databases||Django doesn’t offer.|
|It does not offer dynamic HTML pages||Django offers dynamic HTML pages|
|Flask is a younger web frameworks||Django is a mature framework|
|It will offer a diversified working style||It will offer a Monolithic working style|
|Github stars 48.8k||Github stars 47.1k|
|Netflix, Reddit, Lyft, Mit are used Flask||Instagram, Coursera, Udemy are used Django|
|The best features of the flask are lightweight||The best features of Django is the rapid development|
|It is suitable for a single application||This framework allows developers to divide a project into multiple page application.|
|It is a good choice for lightweight||This is a good choice for robust documentation|
Advantages of flask:
- Flask is of high compatibility with the latest technologies.
- Easy to use for simple cases.
- The Routing of the URL is very easy.
- A lot of resources are available.
- Easy to build.
- Flask is very easy to maintain web application
Disadvantages of flask:
- It has a lack of database and ORM.
- In some cases, there is Slower MVP development.
- Sometimes A synchronization in little problems.
- Flask has complicated maintenance for larger implementations.
- High cost.
- Smaller community as compared to Django.
Advantages of Django:
- Easy to set up and run.
- It will allow for end-to-end application testing.
- A complete stack of tools.
- Django offers a built-in authentication system.
- Data modeled with python classes.
- It will help you to define patterns for URLs for application.
- The cache framework comes with multiple cache mechanism.
Disadvantages of Django:
- Monolithic platform.
- The larger size of code.
- For a simple solution, it has a higher entry point.
- High learning curve.
- The documentation does not cover real-world scenarios.
- Templates failed silently.
- The auto reloads restarts the entire server.