If you want to learn PHP here is the PHP tutorial for beginners and professionals to provide full knowledge of PHP general-purpose scripting language for generating HTML.
This Php tutorial will help you to learn PHP Scripting Language easily understandable.
The tutorial includes an introduction, control statements, functions, string & array, file handling & form handling, date and time, object-oriented programming in PHP, math, PHP Ajax, PHP with jQuery, and PHP with XML.
What is PHP
The PHP full form is Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a programming language and that allows web developers to create dynamic web content that interacts with databases.
PHP is basically used for developing software web applications. Our tutorial helps you to build your basic idea about PHP.
Php originally was developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 but appeared in the market in 1995.
PHP development 7.4.0 is the latest version of PHP, which was released on 28 November.
Some important points need to understand about PHP are as followed:
- It stands for hypertext processor.
- Php is an Open Source Scripting language.
- PHP is an interpreted language, meaning there is no need for compilation.
- It is faster than ASP and JSP
- PHP is a server-side scripting language, which is used to manage the dynamic content of the website, web server.
- PHP code can be embedded into HTML.
Purpose to use PHP
- PHP full form is “PHP:-Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- It is a server-side scripting language that is embedded in HTML. Php is used to manage dynamic web content, session tracking, databases, even build entire e-commerce sites.
- It helps to encrypt the data and apply validation.
- Php can access cookies variables and also set cookies.
- It supports several protocols such as HTTP, POP3, SNMP, LDAP, IMAP, and many more.
Features of PHP
PHP is a very popular language because of its simplicity and open source. Some features are there:
Open Source :
PHP source code and software are freely available on the web.
You can develop all the versions of PHP according to your requirement without paying any cost. All PHP components are free to download and use.
The PHP script is executed much faster than those scripts which are written in other languages like JSP and ASP.
PHP uses its own memory, so the server workload and loading time are automatically reduced, which results in faster processing speed and good performance.
It is a secure language to develop the website.
It consists of multiple layers of security to prevent threats and malicious attacks.
Error Reporting :
PHP has predefined error reporting constants to generate an error notice or warning at the time of running. E.g.E_ERROR, E_WARNING,
Database Support :
Php support all the databases like MySQL, SQL Site, ODBC, etc
Platform Independent :
PHP is available for WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX & UNIX operating systems.
A PHP application developed in one Operating System and can be easily executed in other OS also.
Application Of PHP
Php is widely used for web application purposes. There are some application are listed below
- PHP can encrypt the data.
- By using PHP users can add, delete, modify databases.
- You can restrict & prevent users to access some pages of your website.
- It performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can be created, open, read, write.
- Php can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, through the email, you can send data, return data to the user, data save in a file.
- It is used for creating web pages with databases.
- With the help of Php, users can create a personal home page.
How to Install PHP in Your Windows
Download and Install XAMPP Server
How to install XAMPP in your windows.
We will learn how to install the XAMPP server on the windows platform step by step.
Follow the below steps and install the XAMPP server on your windows operating system.
Step 1:- After clicking the above link download XAMPP Server according to your requirement.
2:- After downloading XAMPP, double click on the downloaded file and allow XAMPP to make changes in your windows operating system.
A window will pop-up, where you have to click on the Next button.
3:- Then select component which you want to install it and click Next
4:-choose the folder where you want to store xampp server then click Next
5:– Then click only Next to go on.
6: XAMPP is ready to install after that click on the Next button, and install the XAMPP.
7: A finished window will display after a successful installation then Click on the Finish button.
PHP -Web Hosting
Web Hosting: When you have to choose your hosting environment, you have several options available at your disposal.
The right choice lies in an environment that not only have technical capabilities for your website to grow but also the right scripting environment so that your website functions well.
Advantage Of PHP Web Hosting
- Less costs: The cost of PHP hosting comparing with another hosting environment less because it is open-source.
- Compatibility: PHP is a universal language and the websites are compatible with almost all devices that include iPhones, iPads, and Android.
- Being responsive to every screen size is the most important requirement for any website these days.
- Scalable: Upscaling and downscaling your website is very easy and It can handle traffic hike too.
- New servers can be spun when the traffic load increases.
- There is no limit to memory storage and performance scalability.
- Flexible: PHP can easily integrate with CSS and HTML without an extra plug-in.
- It also meshes with coding frameworks and open source programs like Cake PHP, Mambo, etc.
- Effectively fast: PHP is very light on server resources and because of that during high loading times it does no get strain.
- Since the loading time is less. So, therefore it reduces conversion rates as well.
- Security: PHP server automatically handles the problem of the security of our website.